Welcome to 3rd Grade Music
In Third Grade I will be able to:
- Read and perform rhythm patterns and melodic phrases on a pitched instrument (Recorder)
- Begin to develop personal productivity through positive practice habits
- Understand the terminology tonality, meter, tempo, dynamics, and form.
- Sing two part canons/rounds/ostinatis
- Create a simple melody using standard notation
Friday, November 8th: All School Veteran’s Day Assembly
Dr. Errico is using the “Recorder Karate” method and Mrs. Chuhta is using the “Rocking Recorder” method for teaching beginner recorder players. These methods use a highly motivational, positive reward system that allows student to earn and display colored “belts” for each progressively more difficult tune that they learn.
FOR THE “RECORDER KARATE” METHOD:
Click each song link to practice your recorder at home